Monday, September 8, 2008

Cut To The Chase



Issue 12 of Angel was released last week and seemed to go down pretty well with the fans. Lots of 'best issue yet' etc. I'm under no illusions, this is down to the incredible revelations in the story this month, but a decent amount of people seemed to dig the artwork too, which is a huge relief. I'm so delighted that I got to draw this particular arc because it features the return of the best female Angel character IMO, the one, the original Cordelia Chase.
Sigh, how I love her so...
Here are a couple sample pages from the issue showcasing the sassy lassy.

8 comments:

PatShand said...

Those two are some of my favorite images from the book. Love the Cordy reveal, think you did a great job with that. The page where it sort of flashes back to Connor, Angel, and Spike's "first night" in LA, with Angel and Cordy holding hands... beautiful. Such a great image.

Stephen Mooney said...

Thanks Pat, much appreciated. Glad ye liked them!

Declan Shalvey said...

SPOILERS! ....just kidding. I am really looking forward to picking up the issue tho. Fair play to ya man.

Dec.

jamie said...

good layout,great likenesses.
still want you to do a serenity book.

Stephen Mooney said...

Man, to be honest, while I love serenity myself, I'm kinda hoping Angel will be the last licensed book I work on. I wanna draw something that doesn't require quite so much reference per page. Could be something like that in the works as we speak,
stay tuned...

Rich said...

As always great work Moon.
And congrats on the wedding.

Stephen Mooney said...

Cheers Rich! Can't wait to see som stuff from your upcoming Classical book.

Scribbler said...

nice work moondog, yer one at the bottom scares me a bit dunno why?