Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Tis The Season....


Hey guys and gals, just a quick note to let you know the story with con appearances this summer. I already attended the Northern Ireland con in Derry a little while back, and that was fantastic. Got to appear on my first ever proper panels with the likes of Simon Furman and Charlie Adlard. Proper comics people! Madness. And I was even there as a proper guest! Was also at Bristol last month as a proper guest and everything. Its a bit mad because I still in no real way see myself as a comics 'pro', even though I've been making a (crappy) living at it for a few years now... I'll be a guest at the upcoming Sub-Con on the 29th of september in Dublin, with other guests like Alan Davis(!). Ledge. And the big one... I got invited to this year's Dublin City Comic-Con alongside the likes of Carlos Pacheco, Adi Granov, Steve McNiven, Andy Diggle, Jock... the list goes on. But get this- Jim-freakin-Lee is confirmed as the guest of honour. The guy who inspired me to draw in the first place will be sitting up the table from me, and I'll probably be chatting away to him. I'm ridiculously bloody excited about this. He really is a bit of a hero to me. And on the day of my 30th birthday! That one's on the 17-18th November in the Tara Towers Hotel Dublin. Cannot. Wait. The other usual suspects from the Irish scene should be at both these shows too, fellow chancers like Stephen 'Tommy' Thompson, Declan 'D-Shalv' Shalvey and Bob 'My name doesn't lend itself well to witty puns' Byrne. Hope to see craploads a you folks there!

7 comments:

Declan Shalvey said...

If you think i'd be caught dead seen with the likes of you, you've got another thing comin' MoonDog!

Ah just kiddin, yeah, the Dublin con looks like it's gonna be great .....for the likes of you fancy guests!

Quite lookin forward to the Sub Con, but i'm not sure if the talented and god-like Mr. Davis will be there.

How bout the Birmingham con? You gonna hit that? It's gonna be Badass. I've now filled my 'street-slang' quota for the month.

Dec.

Stephen Mooney said...

Hey Dec, home come no Alan Davis at sub-con? Is it just gonna be sucky old us? Yeah, thinkin about Birmingham, hopefully I'll go alright just gotta do my sums first.

Declan Shalvey said...

Dunno. Heard he can't make it. Last i heard its Steve Niles, Pia Guerra, Bryan Talbot, Simon Furman, Leah Moore, John Repion, Ian boothby, Gerry Hunt, you, me, Thompson and Bob

http://www.thecomicsshow.co.uk/guests.htm
Guest list for Brum so far. Look waaay down.

Dec

Stephen Mooney said...

I see ya! Congrats man. Still figurin out the logistics of makin it over myself. Hope I can though.

Will Sliney said...

Cheers Dec

Declan Shalvey said...

Hey, i'm just goin with the list Rob gave me Will. Besides, i included you when i said 'me' cuz you're like a part of me....

Stephen Mooney said...

See, I assumed Will must've died or something, cos there's no way his good mate D-to-the-Shalv would leave his name off the guest list...